Curried 3 Bean Salad - From my late Mother. Delish and goes with just about anything! Vegan and vegetarian friendly!

Curried 3 Bean Salad - From my late Mother. Delish and goes with just about anything! Vegan and vegetarian-friendly!


A lovely salad to serve at a braai or barbecue! – A salad we always enjoyed growing up at braais in South Africa and I’m sure you will too! 😉




Curried 3 Bean Salad was delish!! Took me back… I used red peppers and red onions, olive oil and 30 grams sugar!🙂



Curried Three Bean Salad

This is a recipe my late mother made a lot, based on the popular 3 bean salad using 3 cans of different beans.In this version, I have reduced the amount of sugar considerably and spiked the dressing with curry powder. 

This salad needs to be thoroughly chilled. So if possible, make it the day before required. My sister, Debbie usually adds fresh (or dried) basil to hers.


Ingredients:

410 g can butter beans

410 g can baked beans

410 g can green beans

1 onion, thinly sliced into rings 1 green pepper, seeded & cut into strips

1 stalk table celery, thinly sliced


Method:

Empty into colander your butter beans, baked beans & green beans. 

Rinse well and drain. Mix the 3 lots of drained beans with the

onion rings, green pepper, and celery.

Dressing:

125 ml of oil

100 ml brown vinegar

50 ml of sugar

2 ml of salt

10 ml mild Rajah curry powder or more to taste

5 ml ground coriander (optional) I doubt my mother added it.


Method:

Combine together veggies, under the ingredients list, and dressing in a large glass salad bowl, not metallic or it will react with the acid in the vinegar! Cover with cling-wrap and chill for 24 hours, giving it the occasional stir.

– Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form