Mouthwatering Tripe & Trotters in Creamy Onion Parsley Sauce Recipe

"Indulge in the Ultimate Delight: Mouthwatering Tripe & Trotters Smothered in Creamy Onion Parsley Sauce Served on a Bed of Mash - A Recipe You Can't Resist!"

In French, “Tripes a la Mode.” – My late father’s favorite! I was a wee kid growing up at home when my mom would make this every 2nd week for my Dad, as this was his favorite dish! My mom made it up until she passed on in 1997, then I stepped in to make it for him until he joined her in 2000. And now they make it in Heaven today. And truly a Heavenly Recipe it is!

Prepare to savor the divine flavors of the French classic, "Tripes à la Mode," a dish that held a special place in my late father's heart. As a young child, I would eagerly await the aromatic scent filling our home every second week when my mother masterfully crafted this culinary masterpiece for my dad. Even after her passing in 1997, I took on the responsibility of creating this heavenly delight for him until he reunited with her in 2000.

I have been asked many times for this recipe. So, here it is in all its glory!  Back in the day, we did not add the cream of white onion soup powder as it was unavailable.


Ingredients:
1.750 KG WOOLWORTHS CLEANED TRIPE
1.750 KG PORK TROTTERS
6 MEDIUM TO LARGE ONIONS
4 CELERY STICKS, LEAVES RESERVED
2 MEDIUM TO LARGE GREEN PEPPERS
4 MEDIUM TO LARGE GARLIC CLOVES
500 G WHITE BUTTON MUSHROOMS
LOTS OF FRESH PARSLEY
1-2 PACKETS OF WHITE ONION SOUP POWDER
250 ML DOUBLE THICK CREAM
ONION SALT TO TASTE


Method:

  1. Pressure Cook Tripe with Trotters 1 Hour 15 mins(1st Ring Pressure Cooker). Rinse. Add Clean Water to cover.
  2. Again, Cook for Another 1 hour 15 mins. Rinse Well To Clean. 
  3. Add All the above Ingredients excluding the green peppers, mushrooms, fresh parsley, finely chopped celery leaves, white onion soup powder, onion salt, and cream.  
  4. Pressure Cook another 1 and a ¼ hours, on 1st Pressure cooker Ring.   
  5. Finally, add the rest of your ingredients, and season to taste. – Lastly, stir In the cream. Serve on a bed of mashed potatoes.

To fully understand what tripe really is see this video from the late Julia Child  The French Chef- Tripes a la Mode – Tripe is the lining of the beef stomach.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form