Best Ever Hot Milk Sponge Cake – So Light, Fluffy, Deliciously Moist and Buttery! – Use for cupcakes or as a layered cake. Enjoy! ;)
This Hot Milk Sponge Cake just can’t be beat! Trust me!
A cake so light and fluffy with a deliciously moist and tender crumb! Nothing short of amazing! Thanks to the addition of hot milk which works the magic! This cake works very well as a layered cake which can be filled with a lovely lemony curd. The texture of this cake is just delicious! Eat Your heart out and Enjoy!
For extra added lightness you may sift your dry ingredients 3 times.
Never open the oven door during the first 10 minutes of baking.
This cake may be flavored with lemon or orange zest or even with some liquor if you wish
120 grams of fresh whole milk
60 grams of butter
165 grams of Cake flour (all-purpose)
6 grams of baking powder
165 grams of sugar
3 medium eggs at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
a pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F)
2. Grease and flour 2 single layer cake pans – Tapping out excess flour.
3. Sift flour together with salt and baking powder twice. Set aside.
4. Place butter together with milk into saucepan and heat until the butter is melted. Set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla for about a minute. Add the sugar to the eggs in stages allowing the mass to mount up until light, fluffy and treble in volume and begins to leave a trail.
6. Fold in the sifted flour mixture into the egg mixture.
7. Heat the milk together with the butter until butter melts. Pour into flour egg mixture with a spatula fold it in gently being careful not to knock the air out – pour mixture into pre prepared cake tins and bake in preheated oven at 175 ° C for 25-30 minutes or until tests done with toothpick. Allow to cool in tins for about ten minutes before turning out to cool completely on a rack.